All the Important Baccarat Rules You Need to Know
Baccarat is, without doubt, one of the most entertaining card games that you can find at a casino. What makes this game even better is that you can learn the rules in next to no time. Below you will find all you need to know about baccarat game rules and how to easily play Baccarat Online.
What Are the Card Values in Baccarat?
Obviously, when playing this game, you will need to know the value applied to all of the cards. So, this is what we will take a look at now.
- The ten, Jack, Queen and King are all worth 0, while the Ace counts as 1 point.
- The rest of the cards have the same points value as the number that appears on them.
How Do We Calculate the Value of a Hand?
Now that we know the value of all the different cards, the next thing that we need to understand are the baccarat rules that determine the value of a hand. The Dealer gets two cards and the Player gets two cards, which are then turned over after everyone at the table have placed their bets.
The two cards in both the hands are then added up to give you the value of the hands. If the total goes beyond ten, the second digit is declared as the value of the hand. For instance, 7 + 7 = 14, which means that the hand is valued at 4. Your aim is to try and guess whose (Banker or Player) hand will be closest to 9.
How Do You Place a Bet on Baccarat?
Placing a bet on some casino games can be quite confusing, but that, you will be happy to hear, is not the case with baccarat. In fact, the simplicity of the betting system is what makes this game so appealing. The rules of baccarat game declare that you can bet on whether the banker or the player will have a better hand. You can also bet on whether you the hands will be of the same value.
In front of you at the table, you will have a box that has banker written in it, a box that has player written in it, and a box that has tie written on it. At the start of each round, you must simply decide what you think the outcome is going to be. Once you have made up your mind, you simply put your chips in the corresponding box.
If you are betting with multiple chips, make sure that none of your chips spill over into another box. If they do, the dealer will be well within his rights to deny you any potential winnings.
A Look at the Baccarat 3rd Card Rule
The two hands in baccarat consist of two cards each but, at times, a third card will be added. When is this the case? Well, all is revealed below.
If the Player’s two cards are overturned and do not add up to more than 5, another card will be given.
When the Player is dealt a third card, the following baccarat casino game rules are applied to the Banker.
- If the Player’s third card is a 2 or a 3, the Banker must take a third card if their total is 0-4. They stand if they have 5-7
- If the Player’s third card is a 4 or 5, the Banker must take a third card if their total is 0-5. They stand if they have 6 or 7
- If the Player’s third card is a 6 or 7, the Banker must take a third card if their total is 0-6. They stand if they have 7
- If the Player’s third card is an 8, the Banker must take a third card if their total is 0-2. They stand if they have 3-7
- If the Player’s third card is 9, 10, J, Q, K, or A, the Banker must take a third card if their total is 0-3. They can stand if they have 4-7
Baccarat Etiquette Rules to Keep in Mind
There are etiquette baccarat rules and strategy that you should adhere to. We will take a look at some of those right now.
- Know the rules: Players are sitting at the table to have fun and try and win a bit of money, not teach the rules of the game. Make sure you know exactly how to play before you join the table as your fellow players will not take too kindly to you asking them questions.
- Pick the right moment to join: Believe it or not, but there is a right and wrong time to join the table. Do not sit down at an empty seat when a round is in motion, just hang back and wait for the round to end before you take your seat.
- Be polite: Baccarat is a very social game, so do not sit down at the table without acknowledging your fellow players. Furthermore, feel free to strike up conversations with your fellow players, so long as you remember not to ask them about how to play.
- Leave your chips alone: When you have placed your bet, do not touch your chips as people might think that you are trying to cheat. Only touch your chips at the beginning of each round when you are placing your bets.