This rubric present the basic strategy you can use at any online casino in order to reduce the Bank’s advantage.
Here is a glossary of the most common words in Blackjack:
- Hit: Draw another card.
- Stand: Stop drawing cards.
- Double: Double your bet. Only one more card will be dealt then.
- Split: This possibility is applicable with a pair. A split allows you to play each card one by one. For instance, if you bet 5$ and that you receive 3-3 you have the opportunity to do a Split which means that two other cards will be given to you. Consequently, you will need to play your two hands separately and add an additional bet.
- Surrender: Give up. Some casinos allow you to give up on one hand in exchange for half of your initial bet. You can slow down your loss by doing this but no matter what happen you are losing a bit of your money.
- Soft: A soft hand is a hand made up of an Ace card that has two possible values (1 or 11).
- "T": means “Ten” and implies all possible cards at Blackjack of which value is ten (10, Jack, Queen, and King).
How to read the rubric?
- The left column represents your hand
- First line at the top of the table represents the Bank’s hand
- You must base your decision on the multiple choices that you can find at the intersection of the corresponding line and column. If you have 15 and the Bank 4, you should stop, for example.
Some situations involving Aces are rather complex as their value can either be 1 or 11. Here are some additional explanations.
Here, you get A7 (total will be either 8 or 18), your opportunities are rather simple (you can double your bet when the Bank has between 2 and 6, stop for a 7 and an 8 or even ask for another card for a 9-10-A combination).
Now another example, you get A2 (which means 3 or 13), so you will have to ask for another card. If you get a 5 you end up with 8 or 18. You must anticipate each situation by using the formula "I have X or X+10". You can do this by taking a look at the Aces presented in the appropriate table’s line.
Here is the table referring to basic Blackjack strategy:
Here is the table referring to the basic Blackjack Surrender strategy:
S/H =Surrender if possible, otherwise Hit