If you want to play a table that has very few complexities and is extremely fun to play, then baccarat is one of the casino games that stands out. Below you will find everything that you need to know about this highly popular game.
A Quick Overview of Baccarat Online
Before you play baccarat online, it is a good idea to familiarise yourself with the different elements of the game. This is what we will help you do now.
Depending on which variant of baccarat you are playing, there will be 7-14 seats around a baccarat table and the dealer’s area. There are only two hands that are dealt, no matter how many people are playing. These hands are known as the Banker’s Hand and the Player’s Hand. Each player has their own betting area, but each player does not get their own hand.
The Three Different Betting Areas
In front of each seat, there is a betting area that consists of three different boxes – one for betting on the Player, one for betting on the Banker, and one for a tie.
The dealer will start the game by dealing out the cards. He or she will stand in the designated dealer spot which has been specifically designed to allow the dealer to comfortably reach all parts of the table.
The Commission Box
In baccarat, the dealer gets a 5% commission on all winning Banker’s hand bets. When you leave the table, you must pay the commission that you owe.
How to Play Baccarat Online
Baccarat is a card game where three different outcomes are possible: Banker win, Player win, or a tie.
► Below we have explained in detail how this game is played:
- Before any cards are dealt, you have to place your bets on the Banker or Player or Tie
- Once all the bets have been placed, two cards will be given to the Banker and two to the Player
- The cards are then turned over and the points are added up. A ten, Jack, Queen, King are worth 0 points, while the other cards are worth the number that appears on them, with the Ace being worth one point
- If the total adds up to more than ten, then the second number is the value of your hand – if a hand has 9 and 5, which makes up 14, it is a 4 point hand. To win, you have to place your bet on the hand that is closest to 9
Below are some important Casino Baccarat rules that you need to keep in mind when you are playing baccarat, be it at baccarat casino online or at a brick and mortar casino.
- If the Banker or Player get a total of 8 or 9, both the Banker and the Player must stand. This is known as a natural win and the placed bets will be paid out
- If the Player’s hand is less than 5, they will be given another card (unless the Banker has scored and 8 or 9)
- When the Player stands, the Banker must take another card if their hand is 5 or less
What Are the Payout Odds in Baccarat?
When you come across a new game, you will obviously want to know what the payout odds are.
► You can satisfy your curiosity below:
- Player’s Hand: If you bet on this option and win, you will receive a 1:1 payout.
- Banker’s Hand: If you bet on this option and win, you will be given a 1:1 payout. However, remember that you have to pay the 5% commission here – this is how the casino makes its money.
- Tie: If you think that both hands are going to be of the same value, you can place your stake on a tie. If you are correct, you will receive a payout of 8:1.
In this game, the Banker will win about 45.8% of the hands, while the Player will win 44.6% of the hands. 9.6% of hands are ties. The fact that the Banker’s hand wins more often is the reason why many players prefer to put their money on the Banker. However, this is a game of luck, so there is no sure why to tell which hand will win the next round.
Different Variations of Baccarat Online Real Money
Like with all online casino table games there are different variations of baccarat that you will come across when playing baccarat online.
As we mentioned above, there is usually a 5% commission that has to be paid when the Banker has the winning hand. However, there are some versions of this game that do not charge a commission. However, as usual, there is a catch. When you are playing non-commission baccarat, if you place a bet on the Banker and they win with 6 points, you will get just half your wager back.
This version of baccarat has the same rules as the original version, but there are two sides bets that you can bet on: Panda 8 and Dragon 7.
Panda 8 is a side bet for the Player’s hand. If you think that the Player will end up with a three-card hard that will total 8, then place this side bet. If you are correct, you will win a payout of 25:1.
Dragon 7, on the other hand, is a side bet for the Banker’s hand. If you think that the Banker’s hand will be a three-card hand that equals 7, then place this side bet. If you happen to be correct, then you will receive a payout of 40:1.
These two sides require a third card to be drawn in order to win. Not ever baccarat hand requires a third card to be drawn, so it is a good idea not to go over the top with your side bets. It can be fun to try them out every now and again, but please do not get into the habit of placing side bets. You should always have a Baccarat strategy in mind.
Some baccarat varieties give you the option of betting that the Player’s hand or the Banker’s hand will be two identical cards. If you go for this option and win, you will get an 11:1 payout.
What is the Best Online Baccarat Casino for New Zealanders?
So, you have found out all about baccarat and you are now interested in giving it a go. However, you are not sure how to find the best online casinos in New Zealand for baccarat. Well, there is no need to worry as we have done all of the hard work for you. For instance, at the top of this page you can find the three best online casinos for New Zealanders to play free Baccarat and baccarat online real money at.
All of the online casinos that we recommend on this site are happy to welcome New Zealand players, accept New Zealand dollars, and offer new customers enticing Welcome Bonuses.
Our Conclusion about This Game
Baccarat is the perfect casino game for those who love card games that are fast-paced and really entertaining to play. You will probably not win life-changing amounts of money playing this casino game, but sometimes, in our humble opinion, entertainment value is something that outweighs monetary gains.