Roulette online is a very popular casino game because people just love trying to predict where that little ball will land. Some people say it’s all about luck, but if you use the right roulette strategy you can increase your chances of winning money. Below you can learn about basic roulette strategy.
We will try to explain the probabilities of the different combinations available in Roulette. It is actually easy to calculate probabilities and you should always do it while waiting for the ball to be thrown.
American Roulette has 36 numbers as well as a zero and a double zero, which means there are 38 locations to bet on. This way, if you bet on only one number, you have one chance in thirty-eight of winning.
U.S. Roulette statistics
|Red||1 to 1||46.37%|
|Black||1 to 1||46.37%|
|Pair (even)||1 to 1||46.37%|
|Impair (odd)||1 to 1||46.37%|
|1 to 18||1 to 1||46.37%|
|19 to 36||1 to 1||46.37%|
|1 to 12||2 to 1||31.58%|
|13 to 24||2 to 1||31.58%|
|25 to 36||2 to 1||31.58%|
|Any number||35 to 1||2.63%|
|Split||17 to 1||5.26%|
|Trio||11 to 1||7.89%|
|Four numbers||8 to 1||10.53%|
|Line||5 to 1||15.79%|
|Combination 0, 00, 1, 2, 3||6 to 1||13.16%|
Playing on only one number gives you 35 to 1 chances of winning. Statistically, the wheel should make 38 complete spins before your number gets drawn. Two out of thirty-eight bets are favorable to the casino hence a negative margin of 5.26%.
European Roulette has 36 numbers as well as a zero, which makes 37 possible betting locations. This way, if you bet on only one number, you have one chance out of thirty-seven to end up with a victory.
European Roulette statistics
|Red||1 to 1||48.64%|
|Black||1 to 1||48.64%|
|Pair (even)||1 to 1||48.64%|
|Impair (odd)||1 to 1||48.64%|
|1 to 18||1 to 1||48.64%|
|19 to 36||1 to 1||48.64%|
|1 to 12||2 to 1||32.43%|
|13 to 24||2 to 1||32.43%|
|25 to 36||2 to 1||32.43%|
|Any number||35 to 1||2.70%|
|Split||17 to 1||5.40%|
|Trio||11 to 1||8.11%|
|Four numbers||8 to 1||10.81%|
|Line||5 to 1||16.20%|
Betting on only one number gives you one chance out of thirty-four to end up victorious. The wheel should spin 37 times before a number gets drawn. Hence a low advantage of 2.7% for the casino.
Roulette Strategy That Works
Whenever there is the possibility to win money, you will find people advertising strategies that they say will help you to win a lot of money. Although these might sound really enticing, not all strategies work, which is something you always need to keep in mind. When you come across a strategy that you have not heard of before, you should do a bit of research to see whether it has worked for others.
All of the roulette strategies that you can find below are all tried and tested, so you can be certain that they work.
Simple Roulette Strategy
Sometimes you will come across a strategy that people declare will help you to win more money. Intrigued, you start to read about it only to find out that it is extremely tricky to use. This can get really frustrating as you start to think that you are missing on a sure-fire way to win extra cash.
Thankfully, all of the roulette strategies that we talk about on this page are easy to get to grips with. Most of them can be considered to be a basic casino roulette strategy, but basic does not matter here as each one is a roulette strategy to win.
The Different Casino Roulette Strategies
When it comes to different roulette strategy that works, there are six great ones that you can take advantage of. We will now take a close look at them so you can learn how to play roulette strategy.
This is one of the more popular strategies that roulette players like to us.
- Pick a colour and place your stake
- If you happen to win, place the same stake on the opposite colour
- If you happen to lose, double your stake and put it on the same colour you just lost on
- If you are unfortunate enough to lose once more, double your stake once again and bet on the same colour
- Keep repeating until you eventually win
- When you have won, put your original bet on the opposite colour and start over
N.B. If you do not want to place a stake on a colour, this strategy works just as well with Odd and Even bets or 1-18 and 19-36 bets.
The Reverse Martingale
This is one of the oldest strategies that exists. As you have probably guessed, it is the complete opposite of the Martingale.
- Pick a bet and place your stake (it is best if you bet the lowest amount possible)
- If you win, double your stake. If you win again, double your stake once more
- When you lose, start from the beginning again
The logic behind this strategy is that losses and wins usually appear in streaks. By betting more when you are on a winning streak and less when you are on a losing streak, you will make more money in the long run. Many experienced roulette players declare that this is the best roulette strategy.
The Labouchere Roulette Strategy
This strategy was created for those who like even bets. In other words, you can use this strategy when you want to bet on Odd or Even, Black or Red, or 1-18 or 19-36.
- Choose an amount that you would like to win. Then separate that number into smaller ones that add up to your chose figure. For example, if you want to win $20, you might decide on a sequence such as 2-2-2-4-4-4-2.
- When you are playing, you take the rightmost and leftmost number from the sequence, add them up, and bet this amount. So, from the example that we gave above, our first spin would cost us $4.
- If you happen to win, remove the numbers that you just used from your sequence. If we won our $4 bet, our new sequence would be 2-2-4-4-4
- For our next spin, we use the rightmost and leftmost numbers again, meaning our next bet would cost us $6. The process is repeated until you have removed all of the numbers from your sequence. If you do this, you will have won the money that you wanted to win.
- If you lose, you do not remove any numbers. Instead, you add the number that you bet on the right side of the sequence. So, if we lost the first bet with our sequence, our new sequence would be 2-2-2-4-4-4-2-4
After a bit of practice, you will find that is a simple strategy to follow.
The D’Alambert Roulette Strategy
This strategy is quite similar to the Martingale strategy, but as you are about to see, it is not as aggressive. This is actually one of the safest roulette strategies out there. Once again, it is a strategy that was designed to work alongside the even bets. Below you can see how you can make use of it:
- Decide how much you would like your first bet to be
- If you win your first bet, decrease your stake by one. If you lose your first bet, increase your bet by one
The theory behind this strategy is that when you have as many wins as you do losses, you have a profit. Let us give you a quick example if we started with a bet of $6:
- Bet 6 and lose
- Bet 7 and lose
- Bet 8 and win
- Bet 7 and lose
- Bet 8 and win
- Bet 7 and win
- Bet 6 and lose
- Bet 7 and win
So, above we had a sequence of -6, -7, +8, -7, +8, +7, -6, +7 = 4
We had four wins and four losses, but still ended up with a profit. With this strategy, whenever you have the same number of wins as you do losses, you will end up with a profit.
The Fibonacci Strategy
This is a relatively safe roulette strategy that has the potential to bring you some nice wins.
- The Fibonacci sequence is as follows: 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-89-144-233-377-610-987. As you probably realized, the numbers are the two numbers that came before combined
- When using this strategy, you put down a stake that is the same as one of the numbers. If you win your bet, you should move back to two places. If you lose your bet, you should move to the following number and place that as the stake
To make things easier to understand, we will give you an example. Let us pretend that you place a $5 stake and lose. You then place stakes of 8, 13, 21, 34, and 55 and lose all of those as well. Then you put down a stake of $89 and win. Your next bet should then be $34, and you repeat the cycle.
Like the majority of strategies that we have discussed so far, this one is best used when betting on even outcomes. Please remember that you can start wherever you like in the sequence, just as long as you keep to the procedure that we just explained.
The James Bond Strategy
We have probably all heard of James Bond and we all probably know that he is an avid gambler. As he shows in the great film “Casino Royale”, he knows how to win at roulette when the odds are not in his favour. There is now a roulette strategy that is known as the James Bond strategy.
- You wager the same amount every single spin, it is suggested that you use $200, but this is not that necessary – you just need to ensure that the proportions remain the same
- If you are betting $200, you place $140 on 19-36, $50 on the numbers 13-18, and $10 on the 0, as a kind of insurance
If you use this strategy, you can win if the ball lands on 25 numbers and you can only lose if the ball lands on one of the twelve numbers that you have not bet on. If the ball lands on a number between 19-36, then you will receive a nice $80 profit. If the ball lands on a number between 13-18, then you will get an even better $100 profit. If the ball lands on zero, then you will get a crisp $160 profit.
Is There a Roulette Strategy Tester
Before you go ahead and try out any of the aforementioned roulette strategies while using your own money, you should practice them until you know them like the back of your hand. Although none of the above strategies is an advanced roulette strategy, if you do not practice them first, you will end up losing more money than you like.
Thankfully, there is an easy way to practice and that is by is playing free roulette. Below you can find some free roulette games where you can practice your favourite strategies until you are content that you will know how to use them properly when playing roulette with your own money.