Video Poker rules are different than the traditional game. Indeed, playing video poker implies that you compete against a simple machine. You have to make winning combinations after placing a certain number of bets. There are different types: Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, and Joker’s Wild.
You will have to choose between several games where rules differ as well.
For instance, Deuces Wild can provide you with four wild cards to help you make a winning combination. In this game, the lowest pay-out would be a “Three-of-a-Kind”. Quite the opposite, Four Deuces is more volatile but also more entertaining than Jacks or Better.
At Jacks or Better, a pair of Jacks, Queens, Kings or Aces makes for the lowest hand.
At Jokers Wild, the Joker card is a wild one and can be used as any card you want. You also have the opportunity to build attractive combinations such as a Straight or Joker Royal Flush.
You can try these different styles of poker games for free right on Casino EU.
Progression of a Video Poker Game
- The player bets money.
- The machine delivers five cards to each player.
- The player decides whether to keep or get rid of his current cards.
- Cards initially thrown out by the player are now replaced by new cards.
- The player gets paid according to his cards’ value.
- One pair (2 cards of the same value or at least 2 Jacks).
- Two pairs (two each of two cards of the same value, for example: two tens and two aces).
- Three of a kind (3 cards of the same value, for example: 5 of Spades ,5 of Clubs, 5 of Hearts).
- Straight (any 5 consecutive cards).
- Flush (any 5 cards of the same suit).
- Full House (3 of the same value + 2 cards of another value).
- Four of a Kind (4 cards of the same value).
- Straight Flush (5 consecutive cards of the same suit).
- Royal Flush (A, K, Q, J, and 10 of the same suit).
If you win during the game, you can sometimes make a “Banco” which means you have the opportunity to double your prize. What you have to do is wait for the “Double” button to appear, then 5 cards will be delivered among which 4 are hidden. Your goal is to pick one of the 4 hidden cards. If the value of the card you have chosen is higher than the value of the returned card, you double your prize. Otherwise, you lose both the game and the sum of money you initially bet.
Most of the machines follow different rules. A “table of winnings” is generally available before playing the game of your choice.
Choosing your machine
There is no specific rule regarding payment. But you should choose the most interesting machine in terms of pay-out rate.